Specifically designed for wine cellar environments, our Classic wood doors are normally constructed from Sapele. Wine Cellar Doors are a full 1 3/4″ thick and can come with the hardware of your choice.
All Classic doors feature hand selected quarter sawn wood which shows off the natural beautiful ribbons patterns of the wood , double-insulated glass panels, exterior weather stripping, and a tight seals.
Our Cellar Entry Doors can be made out of the same material as your wine cellar. If your cellar is ordered with one of our water based finishes, we will also put the same finish on your door. if you want the exterior door can be left unfinished and painted to match the rest of your home as well
Going Green: Finishes and Wood:
We use sustainable commercially grown clear all heart Redwood, which is the most desirable and valuable part of the redwood tree.
Redwood wine cellars is environmentally friendly, and uses water based stains for the following reasons:
As a former Chemist and Environmental Biologist, I feel it is my duty to protect your health, the health of our planet and your wine collection. We use water based finishes which are low in VOC’s and odors.
Oil based stains typically have high concentrations of VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds) Verse water-based finishes.
- Water based products are more UV resistant than solvent products, which typically will get hazy and lose their color clarity. over time
- Water finishes are “green” and environmentally friendly.
- The natural aging process of wine, allows air into your bottle through the cork . You do not want your wine contained in an area with high concentrations of VOCs.
Why do we choose water-borne stains?
- Our water based finishes are virtually odor free. No more headaches from sniffing too many VOC’s, and your entire home will not smell like it was just painted.
- Water-borne products are largely composed of water, their dry time is a fraction of that to oil-based products.This means multiple coats can be applied in the same time it would take a single coat of oil-base product to dry.
- Clean up is a breeze. Water based finishes clean up with just soap and water. Paint thinners and solvents , which are high in VOC’s are not needed. .
- They penetrate deep into the grain of the wood giving and provide a richer finish.